After years in development, we feel we have the best small batch size stainless steel conical fermentor on the market. This model is an 8 gallon volume which has plenty of headspace for batches to 6.5 gallons. All of our fermentors are fully welded and polished internally and externally. This version has a glycol jacket and is fully insulated.
The Features That Make Our Fermentors Unique
- Our lid design is a simple and easy to use Tri Clover compatible cap. No lid with a proprietary gasket to deal with, Tri Clover Compatible gaskets are readily available and affordable enough to keep extras on hand. Our 8 gallon model has a 12" lid for easy cleaning. The lid features a 3" Tri Clover Compatible access port for dry hopping or fining and can mount our 3" Tri Clover Compatible CIP Spray Ball. There are three addtional 1.5" ports for the included thermowell and 3/4" blow-off nipple.
- Triple Sealed rotating racking arm. All of the higher end conical fermentors on the market have a rotating racking arm, but most are dependent on just the TC gasket to seal it. When you loosen the clamp to rotate the arm, you're faced with a tricky balance of loosening it enough to rotate without it leaking. We've solved that issue by adding 2 additional o-rings ahead of the Tri Clover compatible clamp attachment, eliminating the leaking issue and isolating that joint from your wort. The o-rings are captured on the arm itself so they are easily removed for cleaning and sanitizing. The ferrule on the body of the fermentor is a standard 1.5" ferrule with no special machining.
Standard Items Included with our 8 Gallon Stainless Steel Conical Fermentor
- 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the bottom dump, including a 1.5" sanitary 90 degree elbow and 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible X 1.5" hose barb adapter
- 1" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the rotating racking arm, including a 1/2" hose barb adapter
- 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible X 16" sanitary thermowell.
- All of the required clamps and gaskets to be able to use your fermentor when you get it.
- Overall height including 90* blow-off barb adapter: 40"
- Cylinder Diameter: 12"
- Cylinder Height of Straight Wall: 13 3/4"
- Cone Height: 9.14"
- Distance from Bottom Ferrule to Floor: 9.44"
- 1/4" FNPT Coolant Inlet and Outlet
- 1.5" diameter legs with 1.5" Tri Clover compatible flanges for feet.
- Heavy Duty 2mm thick walls.
Fermenter vs. Fermentor; what's the difference?
For years now, we have seen both terms used interchangeably on web sites and forums. In order to be technically accurate, we did a little research to find out the difference between a fermentor and a fermenter. It turns out that a fermenter is an organism that causes or performs fermentation. A fermentor is the container or apparatus in which fermentation occurs. So your new fermenter is actually a fermentor and yeast is the fermenter! Does that make your wort the fermentee? I think this requires some more research.
Does not include a glycol chiller or cooling source
Please note that if you do not select the option for the $75 lift gate charge at the time you place your order and require a lift gate, the trucking company will add COD charges at the time of delivery that can be several hundred dollars! THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU ONCE THE SHIPMENT LEAVES OUR WAREHOUSE! Please select the $75 option if you need a lift gate.
If delivering to a residential address, the freight company will call ahead to schedule a drop-off time. The freight company may not call ahead to commercial addresses so if you have a specific time that is more convenient please leave a comment or you may be liable for a holding charge from the freight company if they have to store it.