Introducing our new line of Brewers Hardware RIMS Tube Kits! This is a great way to get started in the world of RIMS brewing, and the only thing you will need to purchase separately is a heating element and temp controller.
This is the 2" version of our RIMS tube. Perfect for a little more room when using fold-back tyle elements or to just have more room in the tube to slow the wort flow across the element a little bit.
The Brewers Hardware 2" Tri Clover Compatible clamp-based RIMS Tube is designed to maintain a constant mash temperature. It can also be used for step mashing and also mash-out.
When disassembled, you can pass a brush clean through the entire tube body. The body diameter is 2” OD tubing with a 1.875" ID, providing for an reduced flow rate across the element to reduce any possible wort scorching as well as more room for larger fold-back type elements.
A 16” overall length of the RIMS tube itself allows for almost any heater element to be installed and a unique 2-piece design allows the inlet and outlet to be rotated to any angle from each other that you want.
The element end fitting is threaded with 1” NPS threads to match almost every water heater element available at any home improvement center. Similar products use the easier to find NPT threads which will almost always bind with the element before sealing.
Included in the cam lock version of the kit:
- 1 - 2" Tri Clover Compatible 2-piece RIMS Tube
- 5 - Silicone Gaskets
- 5 - Tri Clover Compatible Clamps
- 1 - 2" Tri Clover Compatible Element Adapter
- 1 - 2" Tri Clover X 1/2" Female NPT Adapter
- 2 - 1.5" Tri Clover X 1/2" Cam and Groove Male Plug
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ORDER THE EXPOSED ADAPTER IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO ENCLOSE THE RIMS TUBE IN A SECONDARY ENCLOSURE!! YOU WILL HAVE HIGH VOLTAGE CONTACTS EXPOSED AND YOU CAN AND WILL ELECTROCUTE YOURSELF.
- It is imperative that the heater element be wired by a qualified electrician, enclosed in a water-tight enclosure and protected with a GFCI circuit breaker! Improper wiring and/or control of a heater element in this environment CAN AND WILL KILL YOU. If you are not 100% sure you know what you are doing, get help. If you have any doubt, please return it for a full refund.
- This device is inherently dangerous. Improperly used, dangerous pressure can quickly build in the tube resulting in an explosion of boiling liquid CAUSING EXTREME INJURY, BURNS OR EVEN DEATH!
- You must use a temperature controller to monitor the effluent temperature and control the heater element. A device that can adjust the intensity of the output such as with PID technology and an SSR are recommended. The BCS-460 or BrewTroller are two of the better qualified devices on the market. Always set the temperature below 175* to prevent the element from boiling the wort in the tube.
- You must also use a pump to move the wort across the element. A control relay must be installed that prevents the element’s control relay from closing unless the pump is operating. There are quite a few ways to accomplish this, but your system should be wired so that the element cannot energize if the wort is not moving across it. This wiring in conjunction with the temperature monitor are the only safety features preventing the element from boiling wort in the tube resulting in a dangerous build up of pressure and possible explosion.
- Each time you assemble the RIMS tube, be sure that the element is not contacting the body or thermowell of the RIMS tube. Carefully bend the element as needed to ensure the element is not contacting the tube body. Never use an element that cannot be installed without clearing the tube body.
- Never rotate the inlet and outlet while the RIMS tube is in operation.
- If you have any doubts in your ability to install and operate this RIMS tube, please return it for a full refund including your original shipping.