- Kettle Sale
- Anvil Brewing
- Brewery Controllers
- Brew Stands & Systems
- Brewing Kettles & Hop Filters
- Burners & Accessories
- Blichmann Engineering
- Cam & Groove Fittings
- Conicals & Accessories
- CIP Spray Balls
- Custom Welding
- Fermentor Kits
- Five Star Chemicals
- 1/2" & 3/4" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 2.5" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 4" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 6" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 8" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 10" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 12" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- Modular Return System
- Penguin Chillers
- Quick Disconnect Fittings
- RIMS Tubes & Electric Brewing
- Tapcooler Bottle Filler & Accessories
- Stainless Tubing
- Threaded Fittings
- Temperature Probe Components
BCS Temperature Sensors
- BCS Straight Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS NPT Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS Tri Clover Compatible Flange Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS Temperature Sensors
Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- Tri Clover Compatible X NPT Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X Hose Barb
- Tri Clover Compatible X Cam & Groove
- Tri Clover Compatible X Quick Disconnect
- Tri Clover Compatible X Beer Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Garden Hose Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Corny Post Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Compression Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X Flare Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X BSP Fittings
- Tri Clover Compatible Clamps
- Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- Tri Clover Compatible Valves
- Tri Clover Compatible Ferrules
- Tri Clover Compatible Caps
- Tri Clover Compatible Elbows
- Tri Clover Compatible Tees
- Tri Clover Compatible Wyes
- Tri Clover Compatible Crosses
- Tri Clover Compatible Sight Glasses
- Tri Clover Compatible Concentric Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Eccentric Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Cap-Style Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Extension Tubes/Spools
- Tri Clover Compatible Check Valves
- Tri Clover Compatible PRV Tank Breathers
- Tri Clover Compatible Pressure Gauges
Shop By Size
- 1/2"-3/4" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 2.5" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 4" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 6" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 8" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 10" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 12" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- Wort Strainers
- Weldless Fittings
20 Gallon Stainless Steel Conical Unitank
20 Gallon Stainless Steel Conical Unitank with Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
Free shipping to all addresses in the lower 48 states!
Our conicals are heavy duty and are shipped via freight to ensure a proper delivery and so no damage occurs during shipping. Please include your phone number at checkout for the freight company to schedule a drop-off.
After years in development, we feel we have the best small batch size stainless steel conical fermentor on the market. This model is a 20 gallon volume which has plenty of headspace for batches to 1/2 BBL to 18 gallons. All of our fermentors are fully welded and polished internally and externally.
The Features That Make Our Fermentors Unique
- Massive 2" bottom dump valve. While a 1.5" dump should be considered the minimum size to be effective, it's often clogged by more flocculent yeast or trub sediment high in hop or protein material. Even though 2" valves and fittings are more expensive, we felt this was the best overall size to reduce any chance of clogging the dump, especially when you're trying to recover the yeast after racking off the weight of the beer.
- Our lid design is a simple and easy to use Tri Clover compatible cap. No large and awkward lid with a proprietary gasket to deal with, Tri Clover Compatible gaskets are readily available and affordable enough to keep extras on hand. Our 15 gallon model has a 6" lid for easy cleaning and 20 gallon and up models feature an 8" lid. The lid features a 3" Tri Clover Compatible access port that mounts the included 1" blow-off fitting and can mount our 3" Tri Clover Compatible CIP Spray Ball.
- Triple Sealed rotating racking arm. All of the higher end conical fermentors on the market have a rotating racking arm, but most are dependent on just the TC gasket to seal it. When you loosen the clamp to rotate the arm, you're faced with a tricky balance of loosening it enough to rotate without it leaking. We've solved that issue by adding 2 additional o-rings ahead of the Tri Clover compatible clamp attachment, eliminating the leaking issue and isolating that joint from your wort. The o-rings are captured on the arm itself so they are easily removed for cleaning and sanitizing. The ferrule on the body of the fermentor is a standard 1.5" ferrule with no special machining.
- Separate 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible temperature monitoring port includes a thermowell and dial thermometer or replace it with one of our TC flange-mounted temperature sensors for BCS-460 / BCS-462 or BrewTroller control.
Standard Items Included with our Stainless Steel Conical Fermentors
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the bottom dump, including a 2" sanitary 90 degree elbow and 2" Tri Clover Compatible X 2" hose barb adapter
- 1" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the rotating racking arm, including a 1/2" hose barb adapter
- 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible X 6" sanitary thermowell with 1/2" FPT inlet for the thermometer.
- 3" Face Dial Thermometer.
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible X 1" 90 degree hose barb blow-off fitting for the lid.
- All of the required clamps and gaskets to be able to use your fermentor when you get it.
- Overall height including 90* blow-off barb adapter: 44 1/2"
- Cylinder Diameter: 17 3/4"
- Cylinder Height of Straight Wall: 12"
- Cone Height: 14.17"
- Distance from Bottom Ferrule to Floor: 9.44"
- 2" diameter legs with 2" Tri Clover compatible flanges for feet.
- Extra Heavy Duty .078 (2mm ) thick walls
Fermenter vs. Fermentor; what's the difference?
For years now, we have seen both terms used interchangeably on web sites and forums. In order to be technically accurate, we did a little research to find out the difference between a fermentor and a fermenter. It turns out that a fermenter is an organism that causes or performs fermentation. A fermentor is the container or apparatus in which fermentation occurs. So your new fermenter is actually a fermentor and yeast is the fermenter! Does that make your wort the fermentee? I think this requires some more research.
15 Gallon model shown in the images
Please note that if you do not select the option for the $75 lift gate charge at the time you place your order and require a lift gate, the trucking company will add COD charges at the time of delivery that can be several hundred dollars! THIS IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL AND WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU ONCE THE SHIPMENT LEAVES OUR WAREHOUSE! Please select the $75 option if you need a lift gate.
If delivering to a residential address, the freight company will call ahead to schedule a drop-off time. The freight company may not call ahead to commercial addresses so if you have a specific time that is more convenient please leave a comment or you may be liable for a holding charge from the freight company if they have to store it.
Commercial or Residential AddressCommercial, Residential
Do you need a liftgate?No, Yes