- Anvil Brewing
- Brewery Controllers
- Brew Stands & Systems
- Brewing Kettles & Hop Filters
- Burners & Accessories
- Blichmann Engineering
- Cam & Groove Fittings
- Conicals & Accessories
- CIP Spray Balls
- Custom Welding
- Fermentor Kits
- Five Star Chemicals
- 1/2" & 3/4" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 2.5" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 4" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 6" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 8" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 10" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- 12" Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- Kegging Equipment/Accessories
- Modular Return System
- Penguin Chillers
- Quick Disconnect Fittings
- RIMS Tubes & Electric Brewing
- Tapcooler Bottle Filler & Accessories
- Stainless Tubing
- Threaded Fittings
- Temperature Probe Components
BCS Temperature Sensors
- BCS Straight Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS NPT Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS Tri Clover Compatible Flange Mount Temperature Sensors
- BCS Temperature Sensors
Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- Tri Clover Compatible X NPT Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X Hose Barb
- Tri Clover Compatible X Cam & Groove
- Tri Clover Compatible X Quick Disconnect
- Tri Clover Compatible X Beer Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Garden Hose Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Corny Post Thread
- Tri Clover Compatible X Compression Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X Flare Adapters
- Tri Clover Compatible X BSP Fittings
- Tri Clover Compatible Clamps
- Tri Clover Compatible Gaskets
- Tri Clover Compatible Valves
- Tri Clover Compatible Ferrules
- Tri Clover Compatible Caps
- Tri Clover Compatible Elbows
- Tri Clover Compatible Tees
- Tri Clover Compatible Wyes
- Tri Clover Compatible Crosses
- Tri Clover Compatible Sight Glasses
- Tri Clover Compatible Concentric Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Eccentric Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Cap-Style Reducers
- Tri Clover Compatible Extension Tubes/Spools
- Tri Clover Compatible Check Valves
- Tri Clover Compatible PRV Tank Breathers
- Tri Clover Compatible Pressure Gauges
Shop By Size
- 1/2"-3/4" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 2.5" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 4" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 6" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 8" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 10" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- 12" Tri Clover Compatible Fittings
- Wort Strainers
- Weldless Fittings
- 4" & 6" Tube Sale
2" Tri Clover Compatible Tri Clamp RIMS Tube
2" Tri Clover Compatible Clamp Style RIMS Tube
This is the 2" version of our RIMS tube. Perfect for a little more room when using fold-back tyle elements or to just have more room in the tube to slow the wort flow across the element a little bit.
The Brewers Hardware 2" Tri Clover Compatible clamp-based RIMS Tube is designed to maintain a constant mash temperature. It can also be used for step mashing and also mash-out. Unlike any other RIMS tube on the market, it features all Tri Clover Compatible fittings for easy disassembly and cleaning. When disassembled, you can pass a brush clean through the entire tube body. The inlet and outlet feature 1” Tri Clover Compatible ferrules which will accept our barb or NPT Tri Clover Compatible fittings. The body diameter is 2” OD tubing with a 1..875" ID, providing for an reduced flow rate across the element to reduce any possible wort scorching as well as more room for larger fold-back type elements. A 16” overall length of the RIMS tube itself allows for almost any heater element to be installed and a unique 2-piece design allows the inlet and outlet to be rotated to any angle from each other that you want.
The available element end fitting is threaded with 1” NPS threads to match almost every water heater element available at any home improvement center. Similar products use the easier to find NPT threads which will almost always bind with the element before sealing.
- 1 - 2" Tri Clover Compatible 2-piece RIMS Tube
- 5 - Silicone Gaskets
- 5 - Tri Clover Compatible Clamps
A water heater element and temperature controller are required but not included. Your system will also require a pump.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ORDER THE EXPOSED ADAPTER IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO ENCLOSE THE RIMS TUBE IN A SECONDARY ENCLOSURE!! YOU WILL HAVE HIGH VOLTAGE CONTACTS EXPOSED AND YOU CAN AND WILL ELECTROCUTE YOURSELF.
- It is imperative that the heater element be wired by a qualified electrician, enclosed in a water-tight enclosure and protected with a FOCI circuit breaker! Improper wiring and/or control of a heater element in this environment CAN AND WILL KILL YOU. If you are not 100% sure you know what you are doing, get help. If you have any doubt, please return it for a full refund.
- This device is inherently dangerous. Improperly used, dangerous pressure can quickly build in the tube resulting in an explosion of boiling liquid CAUSING EXTREME INJURY, BURNS OR EVEN DEATH!
- You must use a temperature controller to monitor the effluent temperature and control the heater element. A device that can adjust the intensity of the output such as with PID technology and an SSR are recommended. The BCS-460 or BrewTroller are two of the better qualified devices on the market. Always set the temperature below 175* to prevent the element from boiling the wort in the tube.
- You must also use a pump to move the wort across the element. A control relay must be installed that prevents the element’s control relay from closing unless the pump is operating. There are quite a few ways to accomplish this, but your system should be wired so that the element cannot energize if the wort is not moving across it. This wiring in conjunction with the temperature monitor are the only safety features preventing the element from boiling wort in the tube resulting in a dangerous build up of pressure and possible explosion.
- Each time you assemble the RIMS tube, be sure that the element is not contacting the body or thermowell of the RIMS tube. Carefully bend the element as needed to ensure the element is not contacting the tube body. Never use an element that cannot be installed without clearing the tube body.
- Never rotate the inlet and outlet while the RIMS tube is in operation.
- If you have any doubts in your ability to install and operate this RIMS tube, please return it for a full refund including your original shipping.
Mark TurnerDec 31, 1969, 16:00Have used this for 5 sessions so far and it makes brew day cleanup so much easier. I can tear it down and have it in PBW in seconds. Quality is outstanding.
will newtonDec 31, 1969, 16:00I initially purchased the 1.5" system, but upgraded to this system. BH was very good about the return. If you are using 120v, then the smaller system is fine, but if you plan on using a 5500w foldback element at 230v 30 amps then you really need the 2" to prevent boiling in the tube. The extra volume allows for more liquid to absorb the massive amount of power dumped into the system. Please note, you do not need this much power for mash recirc/sparge unless you are using the RIMS tube as a water heater to heat the mash water to temp from the tap. Filling/sparging your MLT from the HLT will reduce your power needs considerably. I am brewing 5 gallon batches in 10 gallon electric heat kettles, so my setup is overkill. However this is going to be moved to a brewery pilot system later, so I planned for greater capacity in the future. Used the following: 2" RIMS tube, 2" element holder, 2" 1/2" NPT triclamp cap, 2*2" 3/8" 90 deg barb triclamp caps, 2*2" mounting clamps, 2*100mm bolts from brewershardware. Then a 5500w ULWD element, 10-3 power cable, 220v/30A locking connector from local hardware store. 6" 1/2" NPT pt100 thermoprobe from Auber Instruments. This tube rocks and brewers hardware was great to work with. As a note, check your ground screw, mine tightened a bit, then slipped due to poor tolerances, easy to fix with new screw/bolts, but it is a serious safety concern, so double check yours.
Ryan MDec 31, 1969, 16:00I ordered this on a Thursday evening and received it on Monday afternoon, great for standard shipping. Looks amazing and all accessories for it are just as nice. Very heavy, just holding it you know that it is quality. 240v 5500 ULWD fold back element and plenty of room/length.