After years in development, we feel we have the best small batch size stainless steel conical fermentor on the market. This model is a 30 gallon volume which has plenty of headspace for batches up to 22 gallons. All of our fermentors are fully welded and polished internally and externally. This version features a dual zone glycol cooling jacket and is fully insulated.
The Features That Make Our Fermentors Unique
- Massive 2" bottom dump valve. While a 1.5" dump should be considered the minimum size to be effective, it's often clogged by more flocculent yeast or trub sediment high in hop or protein material. Even though 2" valves and fittings are more expensive, we felt this was the best overall size to reduce any chance of clogging the dump, especially when you're trying to recover the yeast after racking off the weight of the beer.
- Our lid design is a simple and easy to use Tri Clover compatible cap. No large and awkward lid with a proprietary gasket to deal with, Tri Clover Compatible gaskets are readily available and affordable enough to keep extras on hand. Our 30 gallon model has an 8" lid for easy cleaning. The lid features a 3" Tri Clover Compatible access port that mounts the included 1" blow-off fitting and can mount our 3" Tri Clover Compatible CIP Spray Ball. The lid also features two 1.5" Tri Clover compatible ports for other accessories.
- Triple Sealed rotating racking arm. All of the higher end conical fermentors on the market have a rotating racking arm, but most are dependent on just the TC gasket to seal it. When you loosen the clamp to rotate the arm, you're faced with a tricky balance of loosening it enough to rotate without it leaking. We've solved that issue by adding 2 additional o-rings ahead of the Tri Clover compatible clamp attachment, eliminating the leaking issue and isolating that joint from your wort. The o-rings are captured on the arm itself so they are easily removed for cleaning and sanitizing. The ferrule on the body of the fermentor is a standard 1.5" ferrule with no special machining.
- Separate 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible temperature monitoring port includes a thermowell and dial thermometer or replace it with one of our TC flange-mounted temperature sensors for BCS-460 / BCS-462 or BrewTroller control.
- Also features a dedicated sample port with valve.
Standard Items Included with our Stainless Steel Conical Fermentors
- 2" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the bottom dump, including a 2" sanitary 90 degree elbow and 2" Tri Clover Compatible X 2" hose barb adapter
- 1" Tri Clover Compatible Butterfly valve for the rotating racking arm, including a 1/2" hose barb adapter
- 1.5" Tri Clover Compatible X 6" sanitary thermowell with 1/2" FPT inlet for the thermometer.
- 3" Face Dial Thermometer.
- 3" Tri Clover Compatible X 1" 90 degree hose barb blow-off fitting for the lid.
- All of the required clamps and gaskets to be able to use your fermentor when you get it.
- Overall height including 90* blow-off barb adapter: 52"
- Cylinder Diameter: 22.5" at outer jacket
- Cylinder Height of Straight Wall: 12"
- Cone Height: 16.14"
- Distance from Bottom Ferrule to Floor: 9.44"
- 5.38 square feet cooling contact area.
- 1/4" FNPT coolant inlets and outlets
- Dual Zone Cooling! The cone and cylinder cooling jackets are isolated from each other for more precise cooling control.
- 2" diameter legs with 2" Tri Clover compatible flanges for feet.
- Heavy Duty .118" (3mm) thick inner wall on jacketed versions.
- Jacket Design is such that the coolant is in contact with the inner wall.
- Outer wall is 1.5mm thick.
Fermenter vs. Fermentor; what's the difference?
For years now, we have seen both terms used interchangeably on web sites and forums. In order to be technically accurate, we did a little research to find out the difference between a fermentor and a fermenter. It turns out that a fermenter is an organism that causes or performs fermentation. A fermentor is the container or apparatus in which fermentation occurs. So your new fermenter is actually a fermentor and yeast is the fermenter! Does that make your wort the fermentee? I think this requires some more research.
15 gallon version shown.
Does not include a glycol chiller or cooling source.